Friday, June 21, 2013


After weeks of headlines about the many fires in Colorado, on Wednesday I woke to the news I had been dreading: the Lime Gulch fire had closed Section 2 of the Colorado Trail. By Thursday afternoon the fire had spread. Denver Water closed Waterton Canyon, effectively closing down Section 1 as well.

With no other clear alternative, we have decided to start at the beginning of Section 3 instead. When we reach Breckenridge at the end of Section 6, we will reassess. If the fire has been contained by then we will return to Denver to hike the 28 miles we will otherwise have to miss.

1 comment: