Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Day 8: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

"The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom."
Maya Angelou

My idea of resting my ankle is very different from Jeff's. My idea of taking a day off to rest my ankle is whitewater rafting on one of the local rivers. Jeff's idea of resting my ankle is having me lie in bed with my foot propped up on a pillow and an ice pack in my ankle. It probably goes without saying whose vision won out.  At least I got a lot of reading done ....

Salida is a fantastic little town with a wonderful variety of hiking, mountain biking, climbing, rafting, and other outdoor sports, all of which are, regrettably, off limits to me right now. Salida is also home to a wide assortment of delicious restaurants. I was briefly paroled long enough to visit The Fritz for dinner, and highly recommend it. 

Thankfully, my ankle seems to be healing well and we are hoping to be back in the trail after another day of rest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment